Sunday, March 8, 2015

What Is Your Body Composition?

For those of you who know me, you have probably heard me talk about body fat.  You see, having a high body weight isn't a risk factor for disease - No, it's having a high body fat percentage that puts you at risk.  Your weight isn't the issue, your body fat percentage is.  Furthermore, excess fat accumulation in your abdomen (visceral fat) is an absolute recipe for disaster!  I don't care if you are a "normal" weight or are overweight - if you have too much body fat it is bad.

This is why I am so particular about teaching diet - the composition of your diet is of utmost importance.  If you have excess body fat (and you intend to reduce it) the bottom line on diet is this:

1. Its going to make you sick with diseases like diabetes, etc.
2. To stop the accumulation of fat, and to signal your body to burn fat,  you must restrict carbohydrate intake.
3. You must eat more fat and more protein at the expense of carbohydrate.

These are principles that I teach day in and day out - I never quit talking about it.

So, with all of this in mind, I would like to tell you about the InBody 770.  This is a device that I have in my Durham office that can give you a precise, detailed body composition analysis.  It will tell you exactly how much lean mass and fat mass your body has and how it is distributed.  It is a great way assess where you stand as far as your body composition, and to assess how your diet and exercise efforts are impacting your fat mass loss.  

If you would like to have the InBody 770 test performed, you can call the Durham office to set up a time - the phone number is 919.490.8899.  The cost is normally $40, but in the month of March it is only $20.  

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Wickham

4 comments:

  1. When your body goes through the weight loss process, it isn't just bounded to reduction of fat: there is an Science-Based system for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great tips. I've learnt some important things from your post. Hope you will post some related articles soon.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sharing your valuable information. I've learnt few new things from your composition.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete