Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Update On My Progress Plus a Few Thoughts - February 18th


Got up this morning and weighed at my townhouse in Durham on a different scale than the one at home.  It weighs a little more than a pound higher usually when you compare it to my home scale back in Lenoir.  So my weight here this morning is 252 even (had I weighed on the scale and Lenoir it may have shown a lower number).  That brings my total weight loss since Saturday mid-day to 8.4 pounds!  My ketone strip revealed that I am in ketosis (moderate ketones). I did well yesterday and overnight.  I had no problem working, no problem sleeping, no problem with showering, shaving, etc.  Hunger was minimal and occurred at meal times only. I drank some broth and it passed.  Patients have been asking me about the tube - is it uncomfortable, etc?  Overall, there is some adjustment to having the tube in place, but the adjustment is fairly easy.  I have had no discomfort. I have been able to do all my normal activities with it in.

One more thought – no matter how you prepare for this, there is a psychological war about food that takes place.  You are so used to the procuring and eating of food that when you no longer have to do it, there seems to be a “void” there.  It is best to plan to stay busy around meal times so you aren’t thinking about it.  Tomorrow evening I will repeat my body composition and metabolic rate testing,  I will also have some lab-work done.  I will, of course, be sharing those results with you.  Make sure to follow me on this blog, on Facebook,Twitter, and YouTube.  I will be posting video and pics and you don't want to miss them.  Be sure to register for the KE Diet free giveaway on Monday March 17th.  Details on how to register are on the website - www.paweightloss.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment