Monday, February 17, 2014

WHAT I’M TRYING TO ACHIEVE WITH THE KE DIET®


WHAT I’M TRYING TO ACHIEVE WITH THE KE DIET®

As some of you know, I have been managing my weight for many years.  My top weight was around 300 pounds, and my lowest weight in 10 years was 220.  Well, the plain truth is that Saturday morning (February15th) I weighed 260.4.  My BMI is 33.2 (Obese) and InBody 720 Body Composition Analysis shows that I am 186.5 pounds of lean mass and 73.9 pounds of fat.  Now you should know that Obesity is a disease of excess body fat (called excess adiposity).  What’s the bottom line here for Wickham?  I need to lose 41.2 pounds of body fat.   

So, what am I going to do about this disease of Obesity or excess body fat?  Over the next 8 weeks I am going to do 3 cycles of the KE Diet®. In between cycles I will follow a calorie restricted, portion controlled low-carbohydrate diet.  My goal – lose the fat!  During this time, I will be under the care of Dr. Eric Westman who is the Director of the Lifestyle Medicine Clinic at Duke University.  I will be reporting to all of you my progress and various notes about my experience.  I hope you will follow along.

Finally, please register for the free KE Diet® giveaway which will occur on Monday March 17th.  See our website www.pa-weightloss.com for details on how to sign up.

PS - At the time of this post, I have already lost 7 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment